Even if your website content is ready to go online, the basic thing that needs to be considered now is choosing the right and perfect domain name. Sometimes domain names are not that important because a good domain name is not enough to build an awesome website. In cases where the brand is already famous, domain name is not that much important. But domain name plays a huge role in your internet presence and is the key to your success in the online business. Here are a few things you must keep in mind before choosing a domain name for your website:
- Choose your own company’s name:The best choice for your domain name is your own company’s name. Just because your customers are already aware of the name of your company they generally expect the same name as your domain name too. Also it’ll help you protecting your brand.
- Uniqueness: If your domain name is similar with some popular site, it will be the greatest drawback to your business. Plural, misspelled or hyphenated domain name versions of a well established domain must be avoided.
- Easy to type: If while typing your domain name, a lot of attention is required, just because of a complicated spelling, length, use of unmemorable words, then you surely have to change it. A domain name should be such that it should be easy to type and easy to remember so that a customer can visit your website again and again.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens: For the same reason, including hyphens and numbers will give rise to a domain name that will be difficult to remember. Therefore, the domain name should be in plain and simple English language so that it can be easily typed and remembered.
- Choose a .com domain name: For a long term business try to find a .com available domain name.
- Use online tools: There are various online tools that will help you in searching the perfect and available domain name for your website.
- Consider premium domains:Sometimes there are some popular domains that have been used by someone else, but they are being released back for sale. They are premium because they might be short and memorable, might have very good search engine rankings because of their history. They might be costly but they are worth taking for your successful website.