Want to know about social media growing users and shopper’s stats and facts? With 1.34 Billion massive population, India has become one of the major consumer, when it comes to social media.
Living in the mobile era, social media has become the need of the day and if you go by facts a person spends at least two hours a day on their favorite social apps. Today, various business organizations use social media strategies to push their sales and earn profit for their company through digital marketing. So let’s have a look at some interesting digital and social media user’s facts that might make you bombshell.
Digital Media in India
Now-a-days, the definition of digital media has changed the traditional means of advertising and selling in India.
- Digital advertising has witnessed a steady growth in recent years.
- E-Commerce in India will reach INR 2 Lakh Crores in 2016 and is expected to cross 5 lakh Crores by the year, 2017.
- Online retailing e-commerce sites such as Amazon India, Flipkart, Myntra, EBay has become socially digitalized.
Indian Social Media
Social media has become the paramount need and now this networking media has started embedding itself in our lives. Almost 90% Indian social media users shares contents on their profiles and spends most of the time on social networking sites.
- Facebook- Most browsed online social networking site with 150 Million users. It is clear that it will not fade away soon anytime in India.
- Twitter- This social networking site has hold more than 25 Million users of it. Twitter was originally named as “Twttr” but later it was changed. However, Katy Perry (@katyperry) was the most followed person on Twitter and she is followed by Justin Bieber, Barack Obama, Lady Gaga, YouTube, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Instagram and Justin Timberlake. And the Hashtag trend (#), was first proposed by its user in August 2007 for the first time. Also, 6000 tweets are sent every second.
- LinkedIn: Fastest growing professional website with 30 Million users.
- Instagram: The 1/4th population of India uses Instagram where posting Selfies has become the trends. According to Times of India, there are 90% Instagram users in India, who are below 30 years.
- Pinterest: This social network has demonstrated the power of visual media to influence and persuade people. After Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest has become the 3rd most popular social networking website. This website has 80% women users and 20% men users. It generates over 400% more revenue per click as Twitter and 27% more than Facebook. The most browsed categories include- DIY & Crafts, Fitness, Home Décor, Food & Drink.
Here are some random and interesting facts about social media users:
- There are 462 Million internet users in India in which more than 200 Million are social media active users.
- Indian users mainly do social networking activities between 6 pm to 10 pm.
- Highest social networking traffic comes from Mumbai and New Delhi.
- Facebook is the only social network in India that has witnessed a tremendous growth in which 150 Million are only just Facebook users.
- 85% of Facebook users are connected via mobile phones whereas, 80% are from smartphone users.
- The highest number of active users are from 17-24 age group.
- LinkedIn has a different age group of active users i.e., 24-35 age group.
- Facebook users revisit this site more than 3 times a day.
- More than 60% social media active users are college going students.
- Most of the users of Facebook messenger, WhatsApp and Line are largely use for private experiences with little information visible to strangers.
- There are more than 35% internet users uses Quora just for asking their queries.
- Instagram ‘private’ accounts have increased in number.
- Most of the active users of Facebook keep their stories and post on ‘only friend’.
Hope you find these numbers about Digital Media and Social media users in India helpful.