Being online is the way to go. Increase in online shoppers in the past few months has led to an increase in online penetration of retail groups to 65% with around 53.4 million visitors per month and an annual growth of 15%. But, even if the rest of the 35% retail is not online, a higher percentage of them is using social media platforms as an online channel for their businesses. Why do people prefer social media platforms as a marketing channel, be it online or offline? There are several reasons, including increased exposure, increased traffic to website, increased brand awareness, etc. Being a business owner, you might have limited time to list your business on every social media platform but you can’t afford to miss the most important ones. Here are the 5 most important social media platforms to flourish your business online:
1. Facebook: With 1.19 billion users worldwide and an even distribution of users demographically, Facebook is the most used social media platform for creating brand awareness for any business.
2. Twitter: Twitter is also a frequently used platform for marketing. It helps build relationships with influencers and communications with the customers. With the introduction of the image-sharing feature, there has been an increase of 89% in favorites with images over those without and an increase of 150% in retweets, as estimated by Buffer.
3. Google+: From the point of view of SEO, business listing on Google+ is a must. Google+ is used by businesses mostly for content sharing.
4. Pinterest: Last year, Pinterest was ranked third in the most popular social media platforms. For an e-commerce business, Pinterest is the most important platform because a pin stays influential for a longer period and a pin is worth more than other social platform endorsements. According to a research, 84% of the Pinterest users are females and this makes it the most-used platform for marketing for fashion industries, photographers, jewelers, etc. The infinite scroll feature of Pinterest engages people to your business’s board more than any other social network.
5. LinkedIn: However, LinkedIn is a professional social networking platform, but is mostly used by businesses as a marketing platform for their business. It helps businesses reach the most influential and professional people in their domain. The most common use of LinkedIn as a social networking platform is to make connections in the business world and utilize them when necessary.